TOURIST AND RECREATIVE ACTIVITIES
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The regulations in force regarding touristic and recreational use are as follows:
1. Hours for visits: from eight in the morning until an hour before the nightfall.
2. Touristic transit in the Bardenas, whether it be in any kind of motorized or non-motorized vehicle, including horseback, must keep exclusively to the routes signposted to such effect (see maps). Any cross-country transit is strictly prohibited. A maximum of 5 vehicles per group is recommended. All vehicles must respect the 40 km/h speed limit. Exceptions to these regulations will be regulated accordingly by the Governing Body.
3. Pedestrians can freely use the gravel tracks, dirt tracks and paths in the area covered by the O.P.N.R. The Governing Body has the right to impose any required limitations that they deem appropriate. The area currently used for military use is governed by its own restrictions.
4. The erecting/placing of signs or signposts on any type of track, junction or building must receive the express authorization of the Governing Body.
5. Vehicles can only be parked at those places which are signposted for such purposes and next to authorized routes. At all times the parking of vehicles must not negatively affect the natural environment or interfere with official park business or agricultural activities.
6. Races or any type of motor vehicle competition is prohibited. Any other type of sporting event, (primarily mountain bike or horseback), must be authorized by the Governing Body.
7. Photographic or any visual recording of a commercial nature or for popular viewing must receive the express authorization of the Governing Body.
8. The cutting of firewood for recreational uses is prohibited without prior authorization.
9. In general, open air camping is prohibited throughout the area covered by the O.P.N.R. However, bivouac or overnight sleeping is permitted and does not infringe the existing legislation. Caravans, motor homes and tourist camps can only be installed in the specific area designated for such purposes at the Ferial reservoir.
10. Fires for recreational use are only allowed in those areas specially designated for such purposes and which are clearly signed
11. Domestic animals are only permitted if the owners can present the sanitary documentation of the animals in question if the circumstances required. Animals must be controlled at all times by their owners, who are responsible for the prevention of any damage to the flora and fauna.
12. Climbing is prohibited throughout the area covered by the O.P.N.R.
13. Non-motorized air sports (para-gliding, hang gliding and gliding)are subject to the limitations and restrictions established by the Governing Body which regulate their practice, location and period.
14. The Governing Body can regulated and even prohibit any recreational activity which it considers to cause substantial interference with the appropriate practicing of any other activities, whether recreational or not, and/or the working of the ecosystem, without infringing the existing legislation.
15. All companies who wish to use the Bardena for business activities must present their offer/proposal to the Community of the Bardenas for authorization. The Community has the right to make the corresponding modifications to ensure their compatibility with the conservation of the natural resources of the territory and to avoid interference with traditional practices. They have the right to prohibit those that they do not deem compatible with those activities and resources already mentioned, without undermining any other reasonable authorizations.